Monday, February 20, 2006

Warning to Car Industry: The End is Nigh

So many mornings I’ve ridden by this amazing bike parked in front of a school. It’s never locked to anything, probably because you’d need a flatbed truck to carry it off, so why worry. So far I’ve resisted the temptation to take it for a spin. Today the owner was approaching the bike as I rode by so I stopped to talk to her. She carried a baby named Luc she plunked into its front wooden cargo bin, and told me she’d just dropped off an older child named Cecilia.

Rianne Taylor, the driver, brought this machine over with her from Holland -- land of the Hollish people…who speak Dutch, unlike the people of Deutschland, who speak German. Maybe she can write in and shed some light on that morsel of confusion; and while she’s at it, tell us a little more about this fabulous machine. (Is it very heavy?) Can she post the link to its manufacturer?

This ain’t no flimsy bundle of poles and wheels.

This qualifies as a vehicle. She doesn’t drive a car and uses it for every-thing -- from transporting the kids to grocery shopping. Good thing she lives in a flat neighborhood.

2 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey That is great! Nice to see my sister in law is getting around on a bike these days. My husband is from Sweden and is a huge mountain biker! I must say my nephew is looking absolutely adorable and comfortable too!!!!!!! Thanks for posting this!!!!!!! I love it!

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger kate gawf said...

Susan, you're so welcome! She was such a good photo-op, how could I not? kate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home