Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Sixth Horse Appears, Armed with Poem

I spoke too soon. The very day, yesterday, that I post about the long-missing Ninth & Couch horse, a sixth horse is installed in that spot – this time tagged with a laminated orange note bearing a poem of discouragement to the would-be thief. Those of a more cynical nature might not expect the thief to be swayed by a poem, let alone stop to read it. I for one think warnings or threats are in order – in large, nasty, magic-marker letters. The way the tag is lying there shows that one side of it is largely blank -- so there’s room. I’m tempted…. except my policy is not to participate, only observe and record.

Here’s my first blog contest: What three to five words would work best to dissuade interference from the horse vandals? Write in your ideas (and please, spare us the standard hackneyed obscenities) and I will make sure they are seen by the horse project people. The winner will …. be honored in some way. … which will be announced later.

5 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about "NOT!"

 
At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps:

"Hiya, cutie-pie!"

...would boost a potential baddie's self-esteem enough to leave it be?

 
At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Keep on truckin'"

 
At 7:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thisrabbit's is my favorite so far

 
At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how old this post is, but I can't resist with something I, at least, think is a no-brainer:

You are on camera.

or

You'll be on YouTube tomorrow.

If I had a business (or home) near any of the horses, I'd so let 'em put a cam in my window. I don't know if this has been done yet, but it should be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home