Friday, February 22, 2008

Nerds of bikeland?

I may not have time to write about this (see last post) till Monday, so for now I'll at least provide you with a link to a site where you can see the bike.

If you scroll way down, this site has a little picture you can click on to see a video of it collapsing and uncollapsing. Yes, friends, it's a foldable I'm after. I didn't want to tell you. I'm wondering if riding a foldable goes in the same category as wearing an umbrella hat. Am I one of those people? And what's wrong with an umbrella hat anyway? I've never owned one, but secretly they seem like a good idea.

More about my test ride experience later.

2 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Folding bikes are a great idea. In the past, many of them were shaky and frightening, but there are many high quality options available now, and you seem to have homed in on one of the best. Bromptons have long been the standard by which all other folding bikes are judged. You'll like it, and your multimodal commute justifies it, so the only other variable is budget. It might be worth trying a few lower cost styles before deciding (Dahon, if you can find it). Have fun! Val

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger kate gawf said...

I know, Bromptons are the Queen of the folders – I’ve been reading about them for years. Then, when I first saw one locked to a parking meter in downtown Portland a few years ago, I became so excited that I entered the bakery it was parked in front of and polled people till I found the owner. He was kind, considering what a weirdo I was being. He extolled its benefits, though I got the impression he only used it to ride a few blocks to the bakery once a year or so. I refrained from asking him if I could take it for a spin.

I’d never heard of Dahon, I’ll check it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home