Monday, September 14, 2009

My Other Broom is an Ironing Board

If you had to choose a household appliance as a means of transportation, wouldn’t you tend to reach for a broom? Who wouldn’t think of that, first thing?


But someone has had a much better idea. Why not an ironing board? Much more comfortable. A plethora of possible riding positions. As good as surfing, if not better.

There’s one parked outside the Hollywood library. It’s locked to the bike rack with an expensive U-lock, so obviously someone cares about it. The landing gear is a little bent, so it’s been around. Clearly not something grabbed in haste for a joy ride and then dumped. Surely the owner will be back for it. But when? It’s been there for several days……

I know it doesn't belong to one of the library employees because I've seen it there early in the morning and late at night.

3 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smoking Crows and now ironing boards for transport - lady you live in a strange town :0)

 
At 2:43 AM, Anonymous W Brown said...

We've had a mug with your art work on it for years. Vacuum cleaner with guy yelling MYRNA, what's happening? My wife is Myra and for years I had a little bit of paint covering the 'N'. Long worn off.
I've just enjoyed yet another cup of coffee from it. You are stillpart of our family.
Willie Brown, Belfast, N.Ireland

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger kate gawf said...

Wow, thanks Willie. I am thrilled that one of my mugs made it all the way over to Northern Ireland. I'm sure there aren't too many of them left anywhere in the WORLD, by this time. Made my day. That's hilarious that it's almost your wife's name. Thanks for writing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home