Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Ironing board follow-up

Oops. I realize I should’ve followed up on the ironing board story. Sorry to leave everyone hanging like that.

When I rode by there two days later it had vanished. The U-lock remains. What does that mean? Will it be back? Usually when people leave an expensive U-lock behind it means they plan to return and they want it there to lock up with.

On the other hand…. might the ironing board have managed to wiggle out of it somehow and escape? Could happen. Especially given the way its foot was bent up already. Easier to slip it through, maybe.

So you see, I’m left hanging too. I can’t give you a definitive answer. But here’s a shout-out to the library staff of the Hollywood branch: Hey ho! If anybody there knows what happened to it, could you write in and let us know?

6 Comments:

At 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kate,
Your relative or what ever you want to call me...Cheryl Gawf, Denver, CO...had some time to look at our sir name and found your blog...will continue to follow....
Cheryl

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger kate gawf said...

Hi Cheryl! Let's just go with "cousins." Several times removed maybe, but who cares. It's a good all-purpose term. We figured it out once, didn't we? I only remember that we were both naming all the same ancestors back in Oklahoma or Arkansas or somewhere. Anyway nice to hear from you again. Thanks for reading my blog. I don't write in it as often as I did before - but I'm working on something really huge these days. To be announced later.

 
At 11:11 AM, Anonymous toni said...

Perhaps the Japanese have a solution. Did you see their new bike storage device, the Bike Tree? Pretty nifty. How's the "something really huge" coming? Ready to announce?

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger kate gawf said...

Hi Toni. That IS nifty. Thanks for posting it. No doubt most bike blog readers will be interested.

As for the other thing, I'm coming up against just how huge it really is. was. I'm building a website. By the time I got all my ideas down, it was as big as the New York Times and I realized it would take a staff the size of the Portland Zoo to maintain. So I'm paring it down to something I'll be able to keep up with. A new, totally different blog will be involved, which I may launch ahead of the website. You'll be the first to know.

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Kate. This is Sue Widder. I have never read or written to a blog site (blog spot? -- sounds like where the dog threw up...bloglog --too tony). Anyway, I do have some bike advice. Get fenders so you don't have an Oregon skunk stripe up your back. I also have panniers (side bags) to carry groceries.

Say hi to Tilda!
Sue

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger kate gawf said...

Hi Sue! You're right. It DOES sound like where the dog threw up. Or in my case, the cat -- a daily occurrence in my household, unfortunately. My next pet is a fish. Anyway THANKS and yes, one does need fenders! Wow, if I'd gotten this far without them I'd be a candidate for a lobotomy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home