Sunday, March 05, 2006

Horse Theft

The horse was still there Saturday morning at 8:00 AM. It was still there at 1:45 when I left the area. I even had a conversation about it with the mail carrier, who told me there were others in the neighborhood. But when I returned at around 3:30, it was gone. And someone had to go to the trouble of bringing cable cutters in order to remove it, which suggests that it was a premeditated act.


There’s always some rotten apple in the crowd who has to come along and spoil things for everyone. At least it took a couple of months for Rotten Apple to show up this time, which I think says something positive about Portland, though I’m not sure what.

2 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello - i met you while taking polaroids of the tethered horse across from the Pearl Bakery to send to our daughter in New York. She just called to get your blog address. I'll keep checking on the developing story. It may be an equestrian plot to turn our attention from bicycles to horses. It's no coincidence that automotive power is measured by equuspower.

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger kate gawf said...

Hey! I'm so glad you wrote in! I just posted the latest, and YOU'RE IN IT! See if you can guess which one you are. (hint: not the four-legged one)
Interesting theory, about the equstrian plot. I'd go along with it. I'm really just a frustrated horse person. Half the time I'm riding I'm pretending my bike is a horse.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home