Wednesday, June 07, 2006

We Interrupt this Travel Log for a Brief Message

I’ll need more time to search through my photos to find a few last good pictures to wrap up my trip to Mexico. After that, I’ll be switching back to Portland, and I’ve got the most amazing story to tell you: I have met Salmon-Man! Do you know of him? A famous Portland figurehead who rides a bike around with a salmon on his head. Been doing it for years. (Apparently I’m the last to know.) And he’s no lunatic -- he has a definite purpose.

For now, since my time this morning is extremely brief, I’ll jot down that I’ve become aware of an expansive schedule of Portland bike events coming up. One reader contributed the following a couple of weeks ago and I want to post it here where it's more visible. Now that I look at it, it’s only for OHSU people. For those of you not from here, that means Oregon Health Sciences University. I think they should also include patients, don’t you? At least former patients, since current patients might not be in the mood. Former patients and visitors of patients. Or how about just “anybody who’s ever set foot inside OHSU”? I will soon be posting more information about upcoming bike events and will try to find out the date for this one.

FYI...I thought this might be of interest to some of your readers, although you'll notice no date has been provided.Bike Commuter Fair Starts: , 11:30 a.m. Ends: 2:30 p.m. Location: BICC Gallery All OHSU Employees, Faculty & Staff, and Students are invited to join the OHSU Bike Commuters Group's Annual Bike Fair. Stop by and get your bike checked out by a mechanic, find out more OHSU bike-related programs, talk with representatives from bicycle groups and advocates around PDX,and meet fellow OHSU bike commuters. Contact: Kari Hexem hexemk@ohsu.edu 503-914-9962 http://httpazx://www.ohsu.edu/bike/events.shtml

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home