Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Back from Mexico

I’m back! At least my body’s back. My brain hasn’t caught up with it yet. But I bring news of the cycling situation in Guadalajara. Among other things, I had the unbelievable luck to be able to meet with some of the city planners working on that very topic! They spent time with Portland Mayor Tom Potter when he was there on a nine-day visit having to do with the sister-city connection. ( I didn’t know he went to Mexico for nine days, did you? When was that?) They said he was muy simpatico and they enjoyed their time with him in spite of their initial disappointment to learn that he was not in fact Harry Potter’s grandfather as they had assumed.

Check back tomorrow for at least part of my Mexican cycling experience, which I’ll deliver by installments over the next week or so.

1 Comments:

At 7:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to see you're back. You were missed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home