Sunday, December 24, 2006

Diehard Cyclists Visited by Christmas Elf

I don’t usually blog on weekends, but everything’s all screwy because of the holidays, and besides I just had to get this in before Christmas day. On a stop at the post office last Thursday, I locked my bike up outside instead of rolling it in with me as usual because I wasn’t just checking my PO box – I had to go all the way down to the stamp-selling end and wait in line to mail a package. When I came back out I found a candy cane hanging on my brake cables with a little note attached that said: Happy Holidays! Thanks for making bikes work in Portland!

Is that nice, or what? I can count on one earlobe the number of times anybody thanks us bicyclists for slogging through all weather conditions to keep Portland uncluttered and to save the planet. So a big fat Your Welcome to whoever that was.

Here’s a photo. You can see that the next bike over got one too.

1 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome little way to show their appreciation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home