Monday, January 22, 2007

The astronauts have landed

The snow is all gone. I can walk and ride everywhere with no hindrances. My feet stick to the pavement at the exact point where I place them. Now I know how the astronauts must have felt when they got back from the moon landing.

Over the weekend Lindi and I lured a
blogging friend over with the promise of dinner, then picked his brain for technological information. He showed me how to do various things, among which was how to install a blogroll ā€“ a list of links to other biking blogs. Iā€™m starting with four. You'll find them at the bottom of the right hand column. Two of them are Canadian ones ā€“ check in on them when you start hearing yourself whine about the weather in Portland. I'll be gradually adding more links to the list in the next few weeks.

4 Comments:

At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see the snow gone. But I worry, we usually get one ice storm. Not sure how to get along in that stuff.

 
At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kate-
You seem so cool! I love your photography and stories.
I am an old friend of Margo, but I haven't seen her since 2001. I still live in the desert in Lancaster CA. My number is 661-943-5313.Thanks in advance if you could forward this message to her.
I love snow, but no such luck yet this winter. We had three inches last year. We have entirely too much sun, and it should be used for energy, but is not. Southern California is a tad vapid.
Amy Nelms

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger kate gawf said...

Amy: I AM cool! Tell Margo.

Her name's not Gawf any more, in case you looked for her. She's living in San Francisco. I was just talking to her Sunday. I think she mentioned something about her email service not working right now. I'll give her a call tonight and forward your message. She'll love it.

I lived in L.A. for a couple of years. I don't know what possessed me...(oh yes, art school, that was it.) Didn't rain the whole time -- I couldn't take it. There must be a way they could send us some energy from all that sun y'all have. Don't we send you guys a bunch of our water?

Thank you for your compliments to my blog. Tubular. Made my day.

 
At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Halifax is pretty easy, and once I acclimatise to the cold I don't have any major problem with it. There's people racing on lakes, commuting and endurance racing in Alaska who see far worse weather than me!

I'd rather it were cold than hovering around freezing - once it gets a few degrees under the ice stops being so slippery, especially if there's a nice layer of snow on top!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home