Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Anybody Lose a Bicycle?

Hey, everybody, there's this bike that's been locked up to a post for more than a month, right out in the middle of nowhere. I mean it's not in front of any building or anything. It's almost on the freeway overpass right where NE Tillamook runs into Flint street. What should I do, anything? It seems likely that it's stolen -- it hasn't BUDGED from that spot. I could report it to the police --but would they really do anything besides throw it into a warehouse?
I didn't get the serial number because I didn't feel like lying down on the sidewalk in the rain and mud. But here are some pictures. If you recognize it, call me. I'm in the phone book.

3 Comments:

At 4:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

www.Bikeportland.org has a stolen bike listing. If you post the photo in the forums maybe someone will recognize it. While you are at it, check out crankmychain.com and "The Bicylist" it's addictive.

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger rolf said...

So, I ride by there all the time and I thought that bike belonged to a houseless individual who slept just on the other side of the fence there. Now that I think about it I guess I never saw the bike move but I definitely see the person there every time I ride by at night.

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger kate gawf said...

I will definitely submit it to BikePortland's stolen bike listing. I adore CrankMyChain.com and encourage everyone to check it out. It's unbelievable.

tr: I have never noticed this houseless individual but I'll look for him or her in the next few days as I ride by and ask if that's their bike. However, I have taken note of the position of the U-lock and the chain&padlock on a number of occasions, and was sure they hadn't been moved. I could be wrong, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home