Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Graffitti becoming more wholesome

Here’s a bit of graffitti from the sidewalk on the north side of the main post office. I found it gratifying to see graffiti I could actually read, for once. I can never even begin to make out that bad-boy typeface that’s been in use by the graffiti people for the last decade or so. You know what I mean, the kind you see everywhere, especially all over the boxcars of freight trains. What’s the use of defacing public property with a message that 95% of the public can’t read? Besides being completely illegible, it’s usually unattractive.

At least this one doesn’t contain obscenities and has a clear simple message – though I could find no trace of any French bread anywhere in the vicinity, so once again I remain stymied. Maybe some day a person who can write legibly with a spray can will get together with another person who has something to say, and some kind of communication will occur.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read a story earlier that said this was a viral marketing campaign.

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger kate gawf said...

Really, Mick? Do you remember where you read it? Could you perhaps tell us? Interesting. I thought viral marketing was an Internet thing. Am I wrong? Is it actually a germ thing? I'm curious.
And what are they marketing? Please tell me it's french bread. If it's not french bread, I'm going to be very upset all over again about things not making sense.

 
At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, the viral part was just speculation here here.

I also found when I was searching for the Metroblogging post.

 
At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, the viral part was just speculation here here.

I also found this on Flickr when I was searching for the Metroblogging post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home