Monday, June 18, 2007

One less item in the storage unit

Here's
Moto
posing
in the
corridor
of the
storage unit.

I finally did it – took my 1975 Motobecane Grand Touring over to Sellwood Cycles for them to sell for me. I could sell it myself, but I don’t feel like it. Besides, I’d heard that these guys are connected to all kinds of collector people, that’s why I took it there. I didn’t want to sell it to just anybody. Not that it’s a rare and sought-after collector’s piece, but it’s got some beautiful points, as you can see in the photos. For example, look at the way the tubing meets together, and look at the top of the forks.

This is the bike I rode from Eugene to Seattle on. I went by myself on an unplanned, ride-as-you-go, just-head-north ride for the solitary lunatic. I don’t regret it, but I would do it much differently today.

I also went on some other dumb rides – some dumb and bad, some dumb but good anyway. The bike never did fit me quite right, so I’m ready to let go of it.


Goodbye Moto.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home