Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Vesting in our future






OK, here’s the super glow in the dark&light vest of which I spoke yesterday. I forgot to bring the product ID information with me to my hideout today, but when I get back home I’ll fill that in. I bought it at Bike Gallery.

Notice how the back comes down much lower than the front. That’s so when you’re leaning over slightly, as one is wont to do when riding, the thing still shows up. Brilliant. The last vest I had was as short in the back as it was in the front, and it wasn’t nearly as visible from the back because most of it disappeared when you were leaned over.
Also, this one is a snap to take on and off, made easier by having a little belt that buckles in front. That way you can adjust it according to how many layers you’re wearing – instead of trying to wrestle with the “one-size-fits-all” mythology of many products.

I had to pay this model a ton of money to pose for these pictures so I hope you appreciate it and go out and get one of these. I’m not getting paid for this. And why aren’t I, anyway? If the luminescent vest makers want to give me money for blogging about them, I won’t turn it down. But even without the money, my interest in promoting these is completely selfish. As a bicyclist, I don’t want to get hit by a car, and as a driver, I don’t want to hit a bicyclist. So there.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home