Tuesday, June 26, 2007

See the world from an easy-chair

Here’s a photo I took on the well-tour of an amazing bicycle. This woman looked the most relaxed of anyone, and it wasn’t that she was going any slower. She got this bike at Coventry Cycle Works and loves it because “it doesn’t hurt my legs, it doesn’t hurt my shoulders, it doesn’t hurt my butt," and a few other places.

And because, though it looks like a “recumbent bike,” it really isn’t. I forgot why not, except that it isn’t low down like that – you’re still sitting up high enough for car drivers to see you. And you’re not pedaling with your hands.

I got her name but by the time I got home, the paper I wrote it on was all soggy and the ink had dribbled all over the paper and I couldn’t read it. But I’m pretty sure she said she worked for the water bureau, like a lot of people on that trip. I’ll alert the water bureau. Maybe she’ll write in with her name and more information on the bike.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Blogger Jeff Moser said...

I think your ankles have to be higher than your ears for it to be a recumbent bike :-)

 
At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kate, I got your message. I think this is Michelle who works for the City, but not the Water Bureau. I will send her your link and she can confirm or deny her identity. I just love your blog. We noted one of your comments in our semi-weekly employee newsletter. I will get a copy to you. bty my e-mail is rgeisen@water.ci.portland.or.us

 

Post a Comment

<< Home