Friday, May 02, 2008

Don't worry.... woman shot through the leg was not I

I haven't forgotten about Italian Cliff Driving. I just haven't had a spare minute. Maybe I can squeeze it into my lunch break tomorrow.

Meanwhile, back in SafetyLand (here), an update on the public transportation:

All of a sudden the blanketing of the MAX trains with cops, security guards, fare collectors, and manners police seems to have come to a screeching halt. I haven't seen any of them for days. This is weird in light of last night's shooting at the 162nd Avenue MAX station. Does anybody know how that played out? I haven't been able to find any follow-up coverage in today's news, and last night all they knew was that a woman in her twenties got shot through the leg while crossing the road there.

What I'm wondering is: Did she know the shooter? Because if she did, this isn't going to scare me, since I'm 95% sure no one I know wants to shoot me. However if this was totally random, then I will be.... somewhat concerned that this can happen to anyone.

One consoling thought remains:
It happened late at night, and you won't find me roaming the seedy parts of town, or the public transportation, late at night.

So that means I'm safe, right?

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:50 PM, Blogger Dale said...

Well, safer than if you were doing something really statistically dangerous, like driving a car :->

 

Post a Comment

<< Home