Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Cats Leap From Blog to Print Media

If you recall, last August 18th, I blogged a post called Bike Ride Leads to Fascinating Story about Cats and Their People about an encounter with a woman feeding some feral cats on the Springwater Corridor. This led to a communication with the Feral Cat Coalition of Oregon, which in turn led to such stimulating conversations with Executive Director Karen Kraus that I pitched a story about it to the Portland Tribune. It just came out in this week’s issue. The Tribune comes out Tuesdays and Fridays, so be sure to pick it up before Friday or it’ll be gone from the stands.

You can see it online here, but only in part. If you think the photo online is to die for, you’ll want to see the others, so pick up your own copy of the paper! Thank you and congratulations to Denise Farwell for the most excellent photos. Just notice how much you can see and participate in when you hover at the pedestrian level of experience. Like many people, I was misinformed about these animals, and I learned so much! I want everyone else to learn it too. You may be surprised.

2 Comments:

At 6:47 AM, Blogger vj said...

That was an excellent story. I saw your byline and wondered if you were a contributing writer and I just hadn't noticed your name before. I learned a lot as well from it. Yay, go Kate!

 
At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was reading this article at lunch yesterday and it did actually remind me of that August blog, now I know why, you wrote it. Good job, I hope more people read it! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home