Wednesday, January 24, 2007

And now, try this

Besides the usual rain, in the last couple of months I’ve had the opportunity to try riding in wind, hail, snow, slush – and today I got to try fog. Here’s the view from the Broadway Bridge looking North over the Willamette River, then South. That was this morning at about quarter to nine. I’m glad I wasn’t out any earlier or I might have been even less visible than this cyclist you see receding into the mist as he rides across the bridge. Like me, he set his little lights a-blinking. Every little blink helps. At a stop-sign I was surprised that I almost didn’t see a whole car coming along because it had no lights on. Amazing what you can miss when the whole world turns gray.

2 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, the fog was very thick this morning. I rode that same bridge earlier, and I think the fog was a tad thinner. Needless to say I took it easy for the same reason you spoke of.

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger kate gawf said...

Thinner? That's interesting. It never occurred to me that it could have been thinner earlier. I always assumed that fog came on thick in the night and then got thinner as day came on. Who knows where I got that idea? Another baseless myth that I never thought through. Just like how I always thought eggs counted as "dairy" because they're in the dairy section of the grocery store...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home