Friday, June 29, 2007

Spiderhead backs down

The crisis has subsided.

I’ve come to an agreement with Spiderhead. I reminded him of my invaluable presence on the property. I’m the one who got the city to install the bike rack outside, at no cost to him. I’m the one who called when water was gushing from a pipe sticking out of the boiler room into the parking lot. I’m the one who lets the window-jumping cat stay in my unit all day so that he doesn’t go bothering other tenants. Plus I’m the only one in the building with the smallest clue of what to do in case of an earthquake, which is pretty darned important given that this building is going to be one of the first to go – at least according to the firemen who taught the URM class (unreinforced masonry buildings) at Earthquake School.

This building needs me, and no one knows it better than Spiderhead. He’s agreed to raise the rent by only half of what he was going to raise it. Hence, I’ve signed on for another year.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear it worked out, Kate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home