Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Our friend the plastic bag -- good but bad

Plastic bags. If you claim you could live without them, I'll tell you your pants are on fire. We all try to re-use them as many times as possible. But what happens when a bag meets its ultimate demise? When it’s deemed too icky or raggedy to be used even to keep the rain off your bike seat?

If you had trouble sleeping last night, it could’ve been because you were worried about whether your plastic bag disposal methods were environmentally sound. I’ve lost sleep over it myself. Finally, I could stand it no more and drove (yes, in a car) clear out to Hillsburrito to visit the sorting facilities where the local garbage haulers take the curbside recycling for the Portland metropolitan area. And – whew! – did I find out some stuff I didn’t know! You can read about it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home