Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Return of the Disappeared Blogger

Hi. It’s been a while, hasn’t it? Bet you’re wondering where the hell. As you know, I’ve never, ever missed more than a weekend at a time – except once, when I went on an announced sabbatical for a week.

This time, it was just that my brain kicked into refusal mode. I haven’t even been checking my sitemeter, and that’s saying a lot for a long time sitemeter addict. (For you non-bloggers, the sitemeter is the thing that tells you how many hits your blog is getting.)

I have an important question to ask you: Would you still love me if I put ads on my blog? Or would you leave me in disgust, stomp off in a huff, and never look back? I mean seriously, would you still read me? Or would that be too obnoxious to bear? Keep in mind that you wouldn’t have to actually read the ads. You could skip them. Ignore them completely. And of course I’d be pretty darn picky about which ads I’d allow. For example no car ads, obviously.

Please think about this, and weigh in below. This is an actual poll – you are the readers and I need you to help me decide whether this would be blog suicide.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't mind the ads. Been thinking about getting some myself.

 
At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No problem, Kate .. anything that keeps you
blogging. Welcome back.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Jeff Moser said...

For some reason your post is not visible...had to cut and paste it!

Ads, huh? The only way I'd put ads up is if I was making substantial money. If I got a monthly check for $1.00, it wouldn't be worth it. $20 though? Maybe. That's a couple tubes and some chain lube.

And welcome back!

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger kate gawf said...

Thank you for the welcomes!

And Jeff, we're totally on the same page -- no way would I do it for a measly dollar a month. It would have to be a decent amount to make it worth cluttering up my blog for.

I have a friend who gets about a hundred a month for putting a certain grouping of ads on her blog. But I have yet to research this and find out how it works.

When I do, y'all will know -- ads will appear.

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

we just want the content, we don't care what it has to be wrapped in to get here. so ad away =)

PS: am finally moving to portland per our conversation in january! well, once i locate a teensy sort of job. craigslist and indeed.com to the rescue...

hope to see you soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home