Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Trib article about Clever Cycles

I’m booked solid this week with hardly a minute to spare. I promise I'll be much more bloggy next week. Meanwhile, you might want to read my article in the Tribune on the most amazing new bike shop. Remember how I blogged a year or so ago about the rare Dutch Cargo Bike I spotted? We now have our very own distributor right here in Portland. Also, Brompton foldables, all the way from Britain. I had so much fun writing this! Of course the paper changed things, which in my opinion didn’t need changing. Took out some good quotes, etc. And they never use my fabulous headline suggestions. Whatever. I’ve stopped caring. I just want the money.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Blogger Jeff Moser said...

Very nice article!

I've been curious about the cargo bikes. I thought they'd be a bit expensive, but not that much! Wow. Still...way cheaper than a car. And if you lived in a place where you could fully utilize it, it'd be a great investment.

Someday I hope to visit that shop...and Portland for that matter!

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger vj said...

Yay, thank you, Kate! I think Martina was talking about me in that last quote...

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Great article, Kate! Very cool indeed to see your efforts have expanded to printed media! Thanks for covering this story on your blog. I, too, would love to have one (two, or three!!) of these bikes some day. Yay for Clever cycles and Bakfietsen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home