Thursday, September 27, 2007

Bike-Head Rising

I don’t know about you, but I’m thrilled that Sam Adams will be running for mayor. A gay bike nut for mayor – what could be better?

Of course I’m a gay bike nut too. No doubt you’re wondering why I don’t run for mayor. Maybe because I haven’t been in charge of Portland’s transportation system for the last x years, like Sam Adams has. Maybe because I don't feel like it. Maybe because I loathe polititcs.

I can think of only one good reason to run for public office and that is that somewhere out there are some nude photos of me and if I ran for office whoever has them would step forward. God knows I could use some nude photos of my former self right about now. The former the better.

I know you’re wondering how it is that I don’t know who’s got the nude photos. I was just getting to that part but it’s dinner time. I’ll have to continue this tomorrow evening. I’ll have to squeeze it in somewhere between my bike commute – which will include the gym on the way home -- and tomorrow’s dinner.

2 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Blogger Jeff Moser said...

I'd hate to be scrutinized by the public like that. Especially if you were involved with the transportation system. You'd have to follow the rules all the time! No more rolling stop signs or riding the sidewalk! No more stickers on your bike that say, "I hate your SUV"! And no more expressing your opinion online...

Missing nude photos? This ought to be a good story...

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger kate gawf said...

You make some good points, Jeff. If I had the slightest hidden inkling to go that route, you've talked me right out of it. It's not worth it, even to get the photos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home