Thursday, June 15, 2006

The Effect of Bicycling on Pavement Quality in the 19th Century

I promised a couple of postings ago to continue with the topic of sidewalks, but I started writing about it and it has turned into a treatise. There’s so much to say, and it brought up so many questions, that I can’t write any further until I’ve done more research and can feel like I know what I’m talking about.

Obviously, pavement quality in general is of crucial interest to any cyclist. I heard that pavement was invented in the first place in response to the demand created by the invention of the bicycle. And now look – the cyclists have been made to move aside and get out of the way so the car drivers can hog everything. Time to take back our roads, wouldn’t you say?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home