Wednesday, July 19, 2006

A Brief Pause for a Word from the Readers

Wow, someone wrote in suggesting that I revert back to my bike stories. Don’t you understand, people? This IS a bike story. It all takes place under a bike path, remember?

This kind of feedback is important to me, though. What do others think of the fish story? Do you not find it gripping? Do you not find yourself waiting breathlessly for the next episode? Or should I indeed crawl out from under the bike path and get back on it? There is one final episode coming up about the fish . Aren’t you dying to know how it ends? Or should I just move all this over to a separate fish blog and leave you alone?

And for my final questions: (Now, be honest.) One, have these recent posting been too long? (I know blog entries have to be short, that’s the unwritten rule.) And two, is it in fact the lack of photographs in these last few postings that makes you long for a return to the bike stories? (I’ve actually got some darn good fish pictures and I’m going to go back and insert some into yesterday’s episode.)

OK, I’m inviting public feedback, so do write in. It’s for you that I blog. You think I do this for my health?

Regardless of what you tell me, though, I don’t see how I can opt out of the fish story completely at this point, do you? You want me to leave everyone hanging? Maybe when you read the amazing ending, you’ll be glad. Meanwhile, know this: I have an incredible bike story coming up after this about last week’s Seattle to Portland ride! the like of which you’ve never heard. So bear with me. Or at least fish with me.

5 Comments:

At 7:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't even care about the photos. Maybe it's the length. I just long for the bike stories. I haven't finished (or even started) some of the the fish stories, because I'm just not into them. It's probably just me, but I looked back and notice that no one is commenting on them, so that's why I got brave and wrote the other email, pleading with you to go back to bikes.

 
At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe it is the sweet sound of the Minnesota homeland calling to me; but I really dig the fish story and can't wait to see how it ends.

 
At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll tell you what's wrong. You've baited and switched! (No pun intended). It is simply a bad marketing move to develop a clientele that loves your bike stories, and then whhooooosh! you go and change the product on them! There isn't any connection between the two at all! Unless you want to tie them together with that awful cliche' "A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle" which only goes to show even more that the two absolutely have nothing to do with each other.....anywhoo, I'm ranting, sorry.....

 
At 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The postings are too long. And I miss the pictures. You need to make it more concise. Your writing is good, but I want a quick jab in the arm or an instant espresso shot.

 
At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BRING BACK THE HORSIES!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home