Thursday, July 13, 2006

Family Sunday in Bikeland

Readers: I can barely contain myself from telling you about the Rescue of the Stranded Carp, which I mentioned Tuesday. The tale is is bursting me at the seams. However, I must now live with the consequences of thoughtlessly scheduling a dentist appointment during my blogging time slot. It was unbelievably rude of me and I’m so sorry.

In the meantime, I leave you with this photograph of a typical family activity on a Portland Sunday. Two fathers, Steve and Tom, one a former Portlander back on a visit from Utah, clump their kids together and go out for a drive in the neighborhood. You see this all the time around here and I've been on the lookout for a photo op. So when I spied this group I stopped them, bribing them into posing with the promise of a spot on my blog. That was way back on June 26th, and who knows, by now they may have given up checking for it. Their names are Savanna, Reegan, Caroline, Liam, and Nicolette – in what order, I know not. The most miniscule one is in the piggyback seat behind her dad, and the next smallest two are in the cart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home