Thursday, November 09, 2006

OK, I'm back......

I still haven’t been out on my bike. All yesterday it stayed dark and rained down in sheets. Am I over-using the “sheets” analogy? I’m sorry. It’s one of the hazards of living in Oregon. Writers love it here, but it’s always a challenge to come up with new ways to describe rain.

Yesterday I cancelled everything – including blogging, you might have noticed -- and stayed home with Lindi (who has a cold) and debriefed the elections all day. Time to get out the Mexican hot chocolate pot and sit in front of the fireplace with the radio, the laptop and the voting materials and see what went our way.

It felt like the whole world was holed up doing the same. I bet nobody who went to work yesterday got a darn thing done. People need to do this, whether the news is good or bad. For us it was a day of cheering and mirth, almost exclusively. Two years ago this day was a wake – a day of grieving, shock, and disbelief. Why it took two additional years for enough people to become convinced of the urgency of the situation, I have no idea. But they get it now, so let’s move forward.

The only thing from yesterday that I can justify putting into this blog is the following: raking leaves. You’re wondering how I can even remotely construe that to be bike-related. Watch me.

At the moment, though, I see a break in the rain. I’m going to take advantage of it to RIDE MY BIKE over to my secret hideout. Not that I mind rain in the light of day, but we haven't had a dry ten minutes in a row for at least a week, so I'm going out to experience it. I’ll finish this up later in the day while I’m there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home