Wednesday, January 31, 2007

What’s up with the totally bumpy bike path?

I know I promised you The Origin of the Pavement. But first this:

I don’t know why the bike path pictured in yesterday’s post is such a bumpy mess if it doesn’t get any car traffic to wear it out so. And it can’t be blamed on trees or other large shrubbery with spreading roots because there isn’t much big plant life along that section of the path.

Does anyone know how long it’s been since that bike path was last paved? I lived in that area for about six years, starting in 1996, so I know it’s been at least that long. I used the path daily and never saw any construction on it. So maybe it’s reached the end of its life span even for a car-less road. I wonder if and when they’re planning to repave it. A road with car traffic would never be allowed to get that bumpy – and ironically, it’s much more dangerous for bikes to ride over those bumps than for cars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home